Tokyo Dome City HallDistance: 0.1 mi詳しくは 後楽1-3-61 Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0004 03-5800-9999
Tokyo Dome City Hall is a sport, fashion show, circus, and live music hall located in Tokyo, inside of Tokyo Dome City. It is on the opposite corner of the Tokyo Dome, and has a variety of events at any given time, including Boxing and live concerts. The hall was purchased by the Japan Credit Bureau, a Credit Card Company, and it opened on March 19, 2008.The building, also known as Mitsupoto hall, is a commercial arts facility. JCB Hall is the underground portion of the Mitsupoto complex, and it is the primary location for most of the larger events that take place live. It is host to the Animax Anison Grand Prix anime song music competition. TDCH hosted Tougeki – Super Battle Opera several times.Although most of the sporting events take place at the Tokyo Dome, the JCB Hall is considered one of the primary spots in Tokyo Dome City for smaller scale sporting events, like Boxing, wrestling and some mixed martial arts. It also is going to be the future site of most small scale circuses. There are also a variety of food choices available on multiple floors of the complex. also arena will host Miss International 2016 on October 27, 2016.LocationAddress (English): Japan play later 1-3-61Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8575Address (Japanese): 〒112-8575 東京都文京区後楽1-3-61
新宿区役所 牛込箪笥区民ホールDistance: 1.1 mi詳しくは 箪笥町15 Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0833 03-3260-3421
Tokyo Metropolitan Government BuildingDistance: 0.6 mi詳しくは 西新宿二丁目8番1号 Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-8001 03-5321-1111
東京大学弥生講堂一条ホールDistance: 0.9 mi詳しくは 弥生1-1-1 Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8657 03-5841-8205
Hongō-sanchōme StationDistance: 0.4 mi詳しくは 本郷 2-39-1 Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Hongō-sanchōme Station is a railway station in Bunkyō, Tokyo, Japan, jointly operated by the Tokyo subway operators Tokyo Metro and Toei Subway. Part of the station originally lay within the Hongō-sanchōme district of Bunkyō Ward when the station was first opened, but following rezoning in 1965, the address of the station became Hongō-nichōme.Lines Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line, station number M-21 Toei Ōedo Line, station number E-08 There is no direct connection between the platforms, so transfers require surfacing and re-entering. It is easier to change at Korakuen.History 20 January 1954: The Marunouchi Line station opens. 1 April 1965: The station address becomes Hongō-nichōme. 12 December 2000: The Toei Ōedo Line station opens.
Bunkyo Civic CenterDistance: 0.3 mi詳しくは 春日1-16-21 Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8555 03-3812-7111
The is the government building for Bunkyo ward in Tokyo, Japan. Its 25th floor houses a free observation deck. The building was completed in 1994. It has been described as a "colossal Pez candy dispenser" by The Japan Times. The building is near the Tokyo Dome, Tokyo Dome Hotel, Tokyo Dome City, and Tokyo Dome City Attractions.HistoryBunkyo Civic Center stands on the former site of the Bunkyo City Hall, which opened in April 1959. This was the venue for the first Japan Record Awards. The city hall, which had excellent acoustics, was used mainly as a venue for classical music performances and concerts from the time of its opening until 1977.In 1977 the building was found in violation of fire safety regulations imposed by the Japanese government, and was closed down. The government demolished the city hall and rebuilt it as a government building named Bunkyo Civic Center. The tall civic center includes three basement floors and 28 floors above-ground, making it the tallest civic center in Tokyo. It has been in use since 1994.FacilitiesThe Bunkyo Civic Center houses the municipal offices of Bunkyo, Tokyo Metropolis. Moreover, the building has the facilities for the usage of entertainment and sightseeing.
Kanda ShrineDistance: 0.8 mi詳しくは 外神田２−１６−２ Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0021
Kanda Shrine, is a Shinto shrine located in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. The shrine dates back 1,270 years, but the current structure was rebuilt several times due to fire and earthquakes. It is situated in one of the most expensive estate areas of Tokyo. Kanda Shrine was an important shrine to both the warrior class and citizens of Japan, especially during the Edo period, when shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu paid his respects at Kanda Shrine.HistoryKanda Shrine was first built in the second year of the Tenpyō Era (730 AD), in the fishing village of Shibasaki, near the modern Ōtemachi district. In order to accommodate the expansion of Edo Castle, the shrine was later moved to the former Kanda ward in 1603, then moved once again to its modern site on a small hill near Akihabara in 1616. The shrine has been rebuilt and restored many times. The current structure was destroyed in the 1923 Great Kantō earthquake and rebuilt in 1934 with concrete, and thus survived the Tokyo firebombing of World War II, unlike many of Japan's historical structures. Restoration is being done on Kanda Shrine, and work continues today.Due in part to the proximity of the present-day Kandamyoujin shrine to Akihabara Electric Town, the shrine has become a mecca for the technophiles who frequent Akihabara. The Kandamyoujin shrine sells talismans specifically for blessing electronic devices against the types of harm that could come to them.
九段会館Distance: 0.6 mi詳しくは 九段南1-6-5 Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0074
社団法人 倫理研究所 本部Distance: 0.3 mi詳しくは 三崎町3-1-10 Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8385 03-3264-2251
アルデバラン・アトリエ秋葉原Distance: 1.0 mi詳しくは 外神田6丁目11-14 Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0021 03-6803-2441
National Institute of InformaticsDistance: 0.8 mi詳しくは 一ツ橋2-1-2 Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
The National Institute of Informatics is a Japanese research institute created in April 2000 for the purpose of advancing the study of informatics. This institute is also devoted to creating a system to facilitate the spread of scientific information to the general public. The NII is the only comprehensive research institute in Japan in informatics. It also oversees and maintains a large, searchable information database on a variety of scientific and non-scientific topics called Webcat.History of the InstituteThe NII had its inception in a proposition from the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports, and Culture presented to the Science Council in October 1973, entitled "Improved Circulation System for Academic Information." In 1976 the Research Center for Library and Information Science was established at the University of Tokyo, paving the way for the institute that was to become the National Institute of Informatics. In 1983 the Research Center was reorganized and transformed into the Center for Bibliographic Information, but continued to operate under the aegis of the University of Tokyo. This center was then further restructured in 1986 and renamed the National Center for Science Information Systems (NACSIS). This center was the first incarnation of the institute to be independent of the University of Tokyo. The institute developed and grew in accordance with advances in computer and Internet technology, eventually outgrowing the initial vision behind the National Center for Science Information Systems. In April 2000 this center was overhauled and reformed as the National Institute of Informatics. It is currently headed by Masao Sakauchi. The NII is located in the Chiyoda district of Tokyo. It is a principal part of the National Center of Sciences, along with the Hitotsubashi University Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy, and the Center for University Finance.
Holy Resurrection CathedralDistance: 0.8 mi詳しくは 神田駿河台4-1-3 Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062
Holy Resurrection Cathedral, also known as Nikorai-do, in Chiyoda, Tokyo, is the main cathedral of the Japanese Orthodox Church.HistoryThe founder of the Japanese Orthodox Church Ivan Dmitrievich Kasatkin (1836-1912), later St. Nicholas of Japan, was an archbishop who devoted himself to improving Japanese-Russian relations during the Meiji period. He selected the location on the hill at Kanda Surugadai. The site is on a height that overlooked the Imperial Palace. Today it is hidden among the many tall buildings erected since the 1960s.St. Nicholas toured Russia raising funds for the Cathedral. The edifice was planned by Dr. Michael A. Shchurupov, designed by Josiah Conder, and constructed by Nagasato Taisuke. The Cathedral was completed on March 8, 1891, construction having begun seven years earlier. Depictions of its exotic Byzantine architecture and the unique sound of its bell often appeared in literature and illustrations of the day.The original Cathedral was seriously damaged in the Great Kantō earthquake of September 1923. The main bell tower fell on the dome, collapsing it, thus causing major damage to the Cathedral. Rebuilding the cathedral became a major task for the then-ruling bishop, Archbishop Sergius (Tikhomirov), who succeeded St. Nicholas after he died in 1912. Since Russia was no longer a source of funding, Archbishop Sergius had to look for funding within Japan. A significant amount of funding was raised by numerous concerts by the Cathedral choir, led by Victor A. Pokrovsky. The re-built Cathedral was re-consecrated on 15 December 1929, with a shorter bell tower, a modified dome, and a less ornate interior, according to design by Okada Shinichiro.
金比羅宮 東京分社Distance: 0.1 mi詳しくは 文京区本郷1-5-11 Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033 03-3811-2038
National Archives of JapanDistance: 1.0 mi詳しくは 北の丸公園3-2 Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0091 03-3214-0621
The National Archives of Japan preserve Japanese government documents and historical records and make them available to the public. Although Japan's reverence for its unique history and art is well documented and illustrated by collections of art and documents, there is almost no archivist tradition. Before the creation of the National Archives, there was a scarcity of available public documents which preserve "grey-area" records, such as internal sources to show a process which informs the formation of a specific policy or the proceedings of various committee meetings.In accordance with the National Archives Law No.79 (1999), the core function of preserving "government documents and records of importance as historical materials" includes all material relating to (1) decision-making on important items of national policies, and (2) processes of deliberation, discussion, or consultation prior to reaching any decision-making, and the process of enforcing policies based on decisions made. The transfer of what are deemed historically important materials from the various ministries and agencies is carried out on a regular basis in accordance with the Transfer Plan prepared and revised by the Prime Minister for each fiscal year. Preservation, restoration cataloging, microfilming and digitization are all important aspects of the archive's responsibilities. However, the National Archives is in the process of becoming something more than simply a historical repository, because it is also a complex of structures, processes, and epistemologies which are situated at a critical point of the intersection between scholarship, cultural practices, politics, and technologies.HistorySince the Meiji Period (1868–1912) administrative documents had been preserved respectively by each government ministry. A library for the cabinet of the early Meiji government was established in 1873; and in 1885, this became the Cabinet Library (Naikaku Bunko), which evolved as the nation's leading specialized library of ancient Japanese and Chinese classical books and materials. The Cabinet Library's collection included government records of the Edo period and the Tokugawa shogunate (1603–1867) and other material. These collections are an important element of the archive's core holdings.
日本お助け隊Distance: 0.5 mi詳しくは 飯田橋1丁目12番7号 MSビル6F Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0072 03-6261-4560
東京しごとセンター シニアコーナーDistance: 0.3 mi詳しくは 東京都千代田区飯田橋3-10-3 Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0072 03-5211-2335
Historiographical Institute of the University of TokyoDistance: 0.8 mi詳しくは 東京都文京区本郷７－３－１ Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033 03-5841-5997
The Historiographical Institute, the University of Tokyo is a research institution affiliated with the University of Tokyo that is devoted to the analysis, compilation, and publication of historical source materials concerning Japan. Since its foundation in 1869, the Institute has been a major center of Japanese historical research, and makes historical sources available through its library, publications, and databases.HistoryIn 1869, Emperor Meiji issued an Imperial rescript which explained the importance of historiography:Historiography is a for ever immortal state ritual (taiten) and a wonderful act of our ancestors. But after the Six National Histories it was interrupted and no longer continued.... Now the evil of misrule by the warriors since the Kamakura period has been overcome and imperial government has been restored. Therefore we wish that an office of historiography (shikyoku) be established, that the good custom of our ancestors be resumed....An official government office of historiography known as the Shushi-kan (House of Historical Compilation) was formed in order to work on a national history, the Dai-Nihon hennenshi (Chronological History of Great Japan), which later became part of the Dai-Nihon shiryō (described below). After several reorganizations, this office was transferred to Tokyo Imperial University in 1888; but in 1893, the Minister of Education terminated the work because of conflict between the government and the institute members over the aims and goals of history (also known as the Kume Kunitake Affair, named after the historian, Kume Kunitake, who was expelled from the Historiographical Institute for writing an article that challenged the customs of State Shinto, and was known for advocating a more "Western," scientific approach to history).
東洋大学第Ⅰ部英会話研究会 ESSDistance: 1.3 mi詳しくは Hakusan Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 1128606